Welcome to a new Monday post with 3 random thoughts on all things guitar, music, and life, including the benefits of studying songs, why it’s important to always be prepared, and more. Here we go…
Welcome to a new Monday post with 3 random thoughts on all things guitar, music, and life, including guitar barre chords, taking a break, and more.
I hope you enjoy…
I often get asked by students where to start when learning guitar.
You have been given a secret training mission for MI5.
You are to rescue a hostage from the 100th floor of a murky skyscraper.
Acoustic Guitar Songs
When starting out with the guitar, there is nothing more frustrating than searching around the internet looking for a few acoustic guitar songs to play, but finding out that they are all just that bit too hard. I was there myself. That’s why I have compiled this short list of super easy, pretty easy and not so easy acoustic guitar songs for you to learn.
These are the songs that I frequently teach my private students. They are (mostly) well loved and can be played with just a few chords and a capo for the most part. Where there is a link you will find the video lesson that I have created. If there is no lesson yet, hold tight, they take a little while to create, but they will be there shortly. You can join the mailing if you want to be updated about new video lessons for the ‘Acoustic Guitar Songs’ series (and get a free eBook) by clicking here.
Step 1: Super Easy Acoustic Guitar Songs
- Ben. E King – Stand By Me
- Outkast – Hey Ya!
- The Beatles – Let It Be
- Pearl Jam – Elderley Woman Behind A Counter In A Small Town
- James Blunt – You’re Beautiful
- Sam Smith – Stay With Me
- Bruno Mars – The Lazy Song
Step 2: Pretty Easy Acoustic Guitar Songs
- Oasis – Wonderwall
- Posion – Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Bill Withers – Ain’t No Sunshine
- Stealers Wheel – Stuck In The Middle With You
- Nirvana – Polly
- Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars
- Ed Sheeran – Give Me Love
Step3: Not Quite So Easy Acoustic Guitar Songs
- Johnny Cash – Hurt
- Radiohead – High and Dry
- Tracy Chapman – Fast Car
- The Calling – Wherever You Will Go
- Glen Hansard & Markéta Irglová – Falling Slowly (from the film ‘Once’)
- Simon And Garfunkel – Scarborough Fair
- The Beatles – Blackbird